William P. Stafford II
Will is a lifelong resident of Mercer County and represents the third generation of his family committed to community service in Mercer County and Southern West Virginia. Will serves on numerous boards, including the Chuck Mathena Center for the performing arts and the Hunnicutt Foundation.
Will served in the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets as an undergraduate. He received his law degree from Washington & Lee University.
Will concentrates his law practice in the areas of estate planning, creditor’s rights, banking, business and commercial law.
Areas of Practice:
U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia, 1991
U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia, 1992
Washington and Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia, 1990
Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1987
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 1983 – 1989 | Member
- Mercer County Bar Association | Member
- West Virginia State Bar | Member
- Virginia State Bar | Member
- The H.P. and Anne S. Hunnicutt Foundation, Inc. | Director and Corporate Secretary
- First Community Bancshares, Inc. | Director
- First Community Bank, N.A. | Director
- Princeton Machinery Service, Inc. | Director and Corporate Secretary
- Melrose Enterprises, Ltd. | Director and Corporate Secretary
- Stafford Farms, LLC | Member