David M. Kersey
David is a lifelong resident of Bluefield, West Virginia. Upon graduation from law school in 1984, David joined the firm and soon concentrated his practice in insurance coverage and defense.
David serves on the board of the Greater Bluefield Community Center and the Bluefield Baseball Club (Bluefield Bluejays). David is also a skilled woodworker.
Areas of Practice:
West Virginia, 1984
West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia, 1984 J.D.
Wake Forest University, 1979
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Mercer County Bar Association | Member
- West Virginia State Bar | Member
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia | Member
- Defense Research Institute | Member
- Bluefield Baseball Club, 1995 – Present | Director and General Counsel
- Bluefield Community Center, 1999 – Present | Director
- Greater Bluefield Jaycees, 1984 – 1994 | Distinguished Board Member
- City of Bluefield Human Rights Commission, 1998 – Present | Member
- Mercer County Deputy Sheriff Civil Service Commission, 1997 – Present | Member
- Christ Episcopal Church | Lifetime Member, Vestryman (3-Terms), Senior Warden
Past Employment Positions:
- Mercer County, Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, 1987 – 1996